CIPHUR: Chlorhexidine vs Iodine Prep in Hand sURgery
QUESTION: Which antiseptic skin prep is ideal for patients undergoing upper extremity surgery?
WHAT YOU DO:
We are running a prospective audit of skin antiseptics in upper limb surgery.
You audit just 20 cases (trauma or elective) to gain co-authorship on the publication(s).
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
- Gain support from your consultant
- Collect data on 20 consecutive patients (any age) undergoing upper limb surgery distal to the shoulder and follow-up for 3 months
- More information will be provided to collaborators
- Upload anonymised information to our REDCap database
NB-Contributing data with a high missing data rate will result in an acknowledgement and certificate rather than co-authorship
- Certificate of involvement on completion
- Co-authorship on the publication(s) directly attributable to collected data
- Cited as collaborator on any presentation(s) relating to these data
- Option to present data locally
ACTPRAS & RSTN
Can this be done remotely?
Senior clinician, Junior clinician, Student
Parts of research done:
Literature review, Research proposal, Ethics approval
Prospective researchers receive: